Discord users can share their screens using the screen sharing feature. It is very popular with gamers, especially since they exude their own style of play. A common complaint among Discord users is streaming lag on Windows 10/11 PCs. We will share multiple solutions, some common and some not, to fix Discord streaming lag error.
Let us begin.
Before we start
Some users say that viewers are unable to stream Discord screen even though the internet is working fine. The internet isn’t the only reason Discord streams are slow or interrupted. Here’s a quick checklist before trying other troubleshooting methods.
- If you have already checked the Internet connection, continue. Otherwise, check out Fast.com to check your internet speed, make sure you have enough data, or talk to your ISP if you feel like something is wrong.
- Using a VPN or proxy will significantly reduce your upload and streaming speeds. Try disabling it if in use.
- Finally, update the Discord app.
- Try updating Discord to the latest version. If you downloaded it from the Microsoft Store, you can update it fromn Library > Get Updates. If you downloaded the setup file directly from Discord, repeat the same process and simply reinstall.
1. Close the apps
Close other apps that might be competing for bandwidth like torrents, streaming apps like Netflix, active browser downloads, etc. and maybe even browsers when you’re not actively using them. If you have too many tabs and windows open, close the ones you no longer need.
2. Enable/disable hardware acceleration
Hardware acceleration allows Discord to use the dedicated GPU installed on your computer to display photos and videos. If it’s disabled, try enabling it to see if it helps. If it is enabled, try disabling it to see if it fixes the Discord screen lag as it sometimes interferes with the Discord streaming process.
1. Click on the icon gear At the bottom of the left sidebar to open Settings.
2. Sub section “progressive” In the left sidebar you will find Hardware Acceleration. Turn it on if it’s enabled and see if that helps with Discord streaming. Turn it off if it’s disabled and see if Discord streaming is still lagging.
3. Activate the video codec
Discord is an advanced but complex application. It has many layers and you can do a lot of things with it. One is an audio and video call while the other is a live broadcast to share your skills. You must Enable video codecs أو Disable video codecs to ensure viewers do not experience lag during the broadcast Discord.
1. Click gear icon Open the settings Once again. You can find it in the left sidebar.
2. Go to audio and video sector in the left sidebar. Now scroll a little and activate both options of the video icon. One is H.264 Hardware Acceleration and the other is OpenH264 Video Codec.
4. Disable QoS package
Some users have been able to fix Discord streaming issues by disabling the QoS feature. It can work for you too.
1. Go back to Settings discord about the icon Gear.
2. Inside audio and video sector In the left sidebar, uncheck the Packet quality High packet priority option.
5. Disable Overlay in Discord
When playing a game on your Windows PC, you may see some Discord items and icons to help you communicate. This is called an overlay. While it’s good to have, it can also cause transmission lag in the Discord app. Disabling can improve performance.
1. Open Discord Settings By clicking the gear icon in the sidebar.
2. Within the section “Game Overlay” In the left sidebar, turn off the switch next to Enable overlay in game.
6. Clear Discord cache
Cache and other temporary files can accumulate over time, leading to strange issues like the one you encounter when Discord streams are lagging. Clearing cache data is quick and can be helpful. However, you will need to log into Discord again.
1. Press Windows + R to open the run prompt. Enter the following command and press Continue implement it.
2. This command will open a folder where all cache files of an app are stored Discord. Click on Ctrl + A to select them all and press Delete to delete them.
7. Windows Troubleshooter
Windows has built-in troubleshooters for a number of common errors, one of which is network-related. It scans for network-related errors and finds ways to improve your internet and connection speeds.
1. Press Windows + I Open Windows settings. I’m looking for البحث عن Network Issues and Fixes Use the search bar in the top left corner and select to open it.
2. In the window Next pop up Press the button “nearest” Then follow the on-screen instructions.
8. Disable Vsync
If you are using a 144Hz or higher monitor, try disabling the vsync feature in the Nvidia or AMDA control panel. Also reduce the frame rate per second to 60. This helped with a stream lag Discord for many users.
9. Update graphics card driver
Discord Screen Sharing uses a graphics card, either dedicated or integrated, to display photos and videos. Updating their drivers can help fix Discord stream lags and improve video quality.
1. Press the . button Windows and search for device manager and open it
2. Click to expand display adapter Then right click graphic card you have installed Update the driver.
Normally it would be like this intel Integrated graphics and less powerful when offered NVIDIA or AMDA Custom playing cards and be more powerful.
10. Reset Discord audio settings
If you feel the audio is dropping while streaming the video, it’s probably not a streaming process discord Still late? Play it safe:
1. Click on the icon gear Open Settings in the left sidebar Discord.
2. Choose audio and video in the left sidebar, and then scroll to the bottom of the page to find Reset audio settings.
3. Click “OK” To confirm when you see the dialog box.
11. Nitro Plan
While this isn’t exactly a troubleshooting option, it’s still useful. Nitro users get additional access to features and one of them is the ability to choose higher streaming rates and HD video streaming. You can stream 4K and up to 60 frames per second. Nitro will cost you $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year. A worthy upgrade to fix Discord streaming lag on Windows 10/11 PC.
the electricity gone
Discord’s screen sharing feature is very popular among gamers and problem solvers. It allows them to show their followers exactly how something is made. But when viewers experience lag while streaming on Discord, it just spoils the experience and leaves everyone guessing. We hope your problem is now resolved.
By the way, do you know where to log into your Discord account? Maybe you used your friend’s computer? Here’s how to check where to log into your Discord account.
Ahla Home Website Copyright Notice